Friday, October 10, 2014

Chugging Along

So I haven't been updating my progress bars as often as I would have liked, but my writing has been chugging along quite nicely these days. Though there were some interruptions in the past few weeks, I have returned to my regular routine and am happy to say that the second season of Badge of Darkness is almost complete. This season will contain 5 episodes, totaling about 50,000 words. I will post more information regarding its release soon.

Following its release, I will plan out a third season, which will bring the overall story to about 150,000 words (about a 600 page paperback). The scope of this new tale is growing to the point where a third season may not be enough and we may see an 800-1,000 page paperback result from this project. Time, of course, will tell.

The temperature has been gorgeously cool lately, which I love. In fact, I'm beginning to think that fall is my favorite season, though it ushers in my least favorite time of year: winter. Least favorite for weather, that is. As for reading and writing, winter affords me ample time for both, so expect a lot of stories in 2015 as a result of me being cooped up over the harsh winter (if it was anything like last year's).

Following winter, I'm hoping to wrap up most of the short story book, which will include a story in the world of Life After. Some of the stories may turn into novels, others will be added to the short story collection if they make the cut. I'm planning one full novel (non-serial) for 2015, so I'll add it and more stories to the progress bar as the 2015 projects get underway...that is, if I remember to update it from time to time.

Until next time...

JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment